The SIGUCCS Executive Committee (EC) had a great series of meetings at the 2018 Annual Conference in Orlando. While we “see” each other once a month during our regular meetings, our in-person meetings are always productive and enjoyable. I also appreciate the opportunity to host an Open Board Meeting where we welcome input from the community.
My favorite part of the conference is celebrating our annual awards – the Penny Crane Award 2018, Hall of Fame 2018, and Communication Award Recipients 2018. Thank you to all who attended the general session, where we celebrated these achievements together!
Here are highlights of the SIGUCCS EC’s accomplishments this quarter:
- Created a SIGUCCS “elevator pitch” and materials to spread the word about SIGUCCS. See the resources online at: Share SIGUCCS
- Hosted a champagne reception for the 2018 award recipients and conference committees
- We are working on identifying volunteers interested in roles in the Mentoring Program Leadership, Awards Committee, and future Conference core committees. If you’re interested – or would like to recommend someone – please email us at chair_SIGUCCS@acm.org
- Exploring new ideas for marketing, such as promoted ads on LinkedIn and Facebook, advertising in print media for higher education, and leveraging our enthusiastic community. Did you know that the #1 way people hear about SIGUCCS is from a colleague?
- Formalizing policies and procedures related to our operations, including: marketing committee roles and responsibilities, SIG travel expense policies, award guidelines, and EC-sponsored conference activities (plenary speakers, pre-conference seminar facilitators, and events).
In addition to these initiatives, we have also identified projects and plans to work on in the upcoming months. If you are interested in reading more details of our activity in the Executive Committee’s meeting minutes, they are posted online: Executive Committee Meeting Minutes.
We are looking forward to SIGUCCS 2019 in New Orleans. Join us November 3-6 at the InterContinental New Orleans.
The Call for Proposals will be announced in January. http://siguccs.org/Conference/2019/