The Embassy Suites Denver – Downtown/Convention Center hotel is within walking distance of Denver’s lively downtown scene. Relax in a classic two-room suite with a separate, spacious living area. Enjoy comfortable, home-like amenities such as two 32-inch flat-screen HDTVs, video game consoles, microwave, coffeemaker and a mini-refrigerator. Accessible rooms are also available.
Hotel Update (Oct. 18): Our conference block is sold out, so attendees should consider these nearby hotels. (For best rates, check hotels.com for hotels near the Convention Center.)
- Hyatt Place Denver/Downtown (440 14th Street) https://denverdowntown.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Crown Plaza Denver Downtown (1450 Glenarm Place) http://www.hoteldenver.net
- Grand Hyatt Denver (1750 Welton Street) https://denver.grand.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
A block of rooms have been reserved for November 3 – 12, 2016. The special room rate ($175 /night) will be available until October 18th or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Make your reservations early!
There are several ways to book your room reservations as follows:
- Via this direct link
- Call 1-800-HILTONS toll-free or 303-592-1000 hotel direct to book and reference ACM
- Via the hotel website at www.denverdowntown.
embassysuites.com and enter the Group Code ACM in the group code field under Add Special Rate Codes from the left side of the reservation screen.
The Embassy Suites is 27 miles from the Denver International Airport.
- New! Take the Denver Airport Rail from the airport to Denver Union Station. The fare is $9 each way. Denver Union Station is about 1 mile from our hotel. (Directions)
- Super Shuttle ($34, http://www.supershuttle.com/Locations/DenverDEN) and Taxi ($60) are also available at the airport.
High Altitude Tips
- Drink plenty of water before your trip and while you are here! The low humidity in Denver keeps the air dry so you need about twice as much water as you would drink at home. Go easy on the alcohol, too – its effects will feel stronger here.
- Eat foods high in potassium to help replenish electrolytes by balancing salt intake (think about broccoli, bananas, avocado, cantaloupe, celery, greens, bran, chocolate, granola, dates, dried fruit, potatoes and tomatoes)
- Watch your physical activity. The effects of exercise are more intense in Denver. If you normally run 10 miles a day at home, you might try 6 miles in Denver.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, and lip balm – even in November! There is 25% less protection from the sun’s rays at Denver’s elevation! Denver has 300 days of annual sunshine.
- Fall visitors to Denver will find balmy, sunny days with cool evenings. Layers of medium weight clothes will allow adjustment for maximum comfort. A visit to the mountains will require warmer clothing, so be prepared!